Frugal Pages

Monday

Great grocery savings this week!

It seems like it has been a few weeks since I have had a really good savings week but this week was awesome! It was just great. And I have seen a sneak peek of next weeks sales and I think it will be good as well.
One of  the things that helped make it a good week was a Winn Dixie coupon for $5.00 off $30.00 or more purchase that I was able to use at Publix. I love that!! So because of that coupon I split my purchases into 2 different transactions. Then on Sunday there was another great surprise, There was a Publix coupon for $5.00 off $30.00 or more on the front of the Sunday Tampa newspaper!! Score! And because I get multiple copy of the paper I have a few to use and they are good until the Forth of July! So I can use them for the upcoming sales week as well! I also did 2 other transactions as well. So I will give a total savings for this week! Before sales and coupons my total, for all 4 transactions, would have been $221.67. And after sales and coupons I paid $4.76!! That is a total saving of 98%!! AWESOME!
Here are the first 2 transactions...

  • 18- Great Grains Cereal!! This is Kaits Favorite cereal and I was able to get a great deal so I had to hook her up! They were $4.39 BOGO and I used manufactures coupons for $1.00 off each making them $1.19 each
  • 12- Sundown Vitamins $2.99 each I used Publix Store coupons for $6.00 off 2 and Manufactures    coupons for $1.00 off each making a total OVERAGE of $12.12! 
  • 4- Power aid drinks $1.25 BOGO I used a manufactures coupons for BOGO making them all FREE! 
  • 4- 2 Liter Cokes $1.89 each Buy 2 get 1 Free I used 2 manufactures coupons for BOGO making them .47    each.
Because I split this into 2 transactions I was able to use 2 Winn Dixie coupons for $5.00 off $30.00 or more. Now remember the $30.00 is counted BEFORE all other coupons. So the $5.00 comes off first then all other coupons! That is the beauty of these coupons!

And here are the other 2 transactions that I did...

  • 4- Pepsi and Mtn. Dew 12 packs. $3.66 each Buy 3 get one Free. I use manufactures coupons for $1.00/2 12 packs. $2.24 each
  • 12- Vitamins $2.99 each I used a Publix store coupons for $6.00 off 2 and manufactures coupons for $1.00 off each making a total OVERAGE of $12.12!
  • 2- Great Grains Cereals $4.39 BOGO I used Manufactures coupons for $1.00 off each and store coupons for .75 off each Making them .44 each Sadly I only had 2 manufactures coupons left or I would have gotten more.
  • 2- 5 lb Dixie Crystals Sugars $2.99 each I used a Store coupon for .55 off each making them $2.44 each
  • 6- Pioneer Gravy Mixes .99 and 1.19 each I used a Store coupon for .55 off 2 making them .71 and .91
  • 4- Rosetto Raviolis $3.99 each BOGO I used manufactures coupons for $1.50 off 2 making them $1.24 each. These are great for easy quick meals!
  • 1- Jello Temptations $2.89 I used a manufactures coupon for one free making it FREE!

And here is a photo of my Sunday Morning Suprise!!

I know that it does not seem like much to make healthy family meals with but this is the best way to stretch you grocery budget by taking advantage of what is on sale and stocking up when it is at the Rock bottom price. I have plenty of things that will keep us going for healthy meals and snacks from previous weeks sales. I also have started using local produce stands, and even local farmers that sell on the side of the road, To get fresh produce. This helped a ton because the sale at the grocery store for produce have been terrible and not the prices that I am willing to pay. SO this has been a great help for that! I will write more on this another time.
If you have any questions please just ask and I will be happy to help out!

Chris

1 comment:

Pounds4Pennies said...

Great shopping trips. Stop by to LINK UP your shopping trips every Friday.